Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Success In My Eyes

Success is defined by many as how wealthy someone may be, their job title, or how big of a house they own. Miriam Webster Dictionary defines success as, "achieving wealth, respect, or fame." This definition is old and phased out. The 'New Success' is confidence in what you're doing. A drive and passion to reach your goals that's so strong that nobody can get in your way of it. Success is being satisfied with where you are in life, and the things you've accomplished and achieved. Success is looking back over an experience or a lifetime, and having no regrets. This 'New Success' isn't defined by money, or your material items. I will know I've reached success, when some of my long term goals are met. Goals such as getting married, starting a family, and providing for them. If I can look back over my family, and see that I was able to raise and provide for them, then I will consider myself successful. I don't need a ton of money or a ton of stuff to be happy, all I need is to have people around me who I love, and who love me.

1 comment:

  1. Luke, I totally agree! Success is something you want, but you have to be willing to work for it! Satisfaction and happiness in your life is so important. Money is important but happiness and family is what is MOST important! I love how you nailed that in your post. So many people love and care for you! I respect how you reciprocate that caring for your peers. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. You will go places, Luke! Good luck. I'm here for you if you ever need anyone :)

    ReplyDelete